by Nina Baldwin

cloud catcher*dream maker*artist

"Art touches the soul...art is communication...it reaches out from the canvas and passes through the eyes of the viewer right into his heart where it can leave an imprint of beauty that can make the spirit sing."
Nina Baldwin ...

Welcome to Artscapes!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

PLANS CHANGE..



Update…
Plans change!!!...that’s summing it up nicely!  It’s been a couple of weeks since the expo and I haven’t told you about my workshops or the great deals that some of the vendors had!  Shame!...lol!!

Well, like I said, plans change…and a few days after my return to civilization (from art heaven) my husband found he was having a really hard time breathing…we didn’t realize what was happening, so we waited out the night, but the next morning when he was having a hard time again I quickly took him to the emergency room…he has COPD (ex-smoker) and he had come down with pneumonia which, of course, complicated things!  They admitted him and he was there for several days recuperating…I brought him home a couple of days ago…been busy adjusting to new demands and a slightly different lifestyle…but he is continuing to progress…halleluia!!

So, back to the expo…I thoroughly enjoyed my workshops!  …one all day class with Nancy Reyner where she taught us the ins and outs with gold leaf (now I know why my gold leaf sometimes tarnishes!!)…and one half-day class with Bob Burridge all about loose, quick and fun landscapes…I took this class because I find I really don’t work very fast and I would like to learn how to work more quickly!!  …and Bob is fantastic at working quickly and producing wonderful works of art!!  Plus he is lots of fun…and he gave out some fantastic pearls of wisdom!!  …wish I had written them all down, but one I do remember which seemed to be especially for me….he said something like (this is NOT a quote!) “don’t listen to what your friends say about your artwork!”….now, that is just what I needed to hear him say!!  (big smile!!)  If I could I would take the class from him again...I was so tired on that last day!!!….but just being around him with his positive attitude and watching his demos influenced me greatly!  …thanks Bob!!

My photos of the expo are on my tablet….safe on my tablet…I can’t get my computer to recognize my tablet, so they are still …safe… on my tablet…oh, well, a techy I am not!!  Shall I say that there were some very enticing deals on the floor of the expo, which I took advantage of!  One deal was so great that it was sold out by the time I got there…on the first day!!…darn!!  It’s definitely an event that all artists need to attend at least once in their lives!!  Lol!!!  Great fun!!  Here's a photo of a painting I did working with gold paint and glazes of metallics and interference paints...

original painting by Nina Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment