by Nina Baldwin

cloud catcher*dream maker*artist

"Art touches the soul...art is communication...it reaches out from the canvas and passes through the eyes of the viewer right into his heart where it can leave an imprint of beauty that can make the spirit sing."
Nina Baldwin ...

Welcome to Artscapes!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Original Paintings - Edges are So Important!!

Today I thought I would share more edges with you!  The morning sun was pouring in the back of the house lighting up a couple of paintings from my "Women Gathering" series, in particular...it seemed like the perfect time to take some photos since the sun lights up the pigments so beautifully!  Only two canvases...with rounded edges, not squared off...

...actually this painting is resting against a living room wall upside down!...the edge at the top of the painting (painted plain blue!) is not nearly as interesting as the sides or bottom edge...the sides and bottom edge allow the mingling of colors, with different thicknesses of paint...and sometimes patterns occur...I think that's why I paint like this...all of my paintings have a lot of surprises within them...some mystery, a little whimsy...they are soft and ethereal...much like the feminine! 

 
...the same edge...

 
 ...the bottom edge...if you can, click on the image to see the detail...I think it is beautiful!  this bottom edge tempts me to hang it upside down!!  it is "the frosting on the cake"!!  but I will restrain myself and hang it upright like it should be!...maybe just higher on the wall so that that bottom edge can be enjoyed!

 
...the other side...

 
...another painting...this one has a lot of metallic paint on it, so getting a photo of it in the morning sun was a challenge!  I think that you can see most of the edge anyway...
 
 
...this is the top edge of the 2nd painting...

 
do you agree with me about edges??  I think they are very important in a painting!!  they are a foretaste of what is to come!
 
...thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing a few moments with me! 
...have a lovely day!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment