by Nina Baldwin

cloud catcher*dream maker*artist

"Art touches the soul...art is communication...it reaches out from the canvas and passes through the eyes of the viewer right into his heart where it can leave an imprint of beauty that can make the spirit sing."
Nina Baldwin ...

Welcome to Artscapes!

Friday, August 30, 2013

"Rio Grande Gorge" is published!


I announced it what seems like ages ago, but the book was only recently published...I am really honored for my "Rio Grande Gorge" to be included in the book, "COLOR: How to Use It" by Marcie Cooperman.  It is published by Pearson.  It is the premiere textbook on color for higher ed. 

I just recently received my copy...apparently it takes a long time to get a book of this size, with all of the wonderful images, etc. together...and published!  I can imagine that just communicating with the artists was a huge job for Marcie...plus all of the paperwork, signing contracts, etc...OMG!...then putting everything together...well, Marcie has my admiration...and gratitude!!


 
I am currently devouring it!!   It is chock full of good info and photos of stunning artwork!!  LOTS of artwork!!!!  This is the kind of book I love!!!   I know I will learn a lot from it!!! 
 
It can be ordered directly from Pearson if you are interested: 
 
Marcie has a great page on the net you may enjoy perusing...she calls it a color stories blog...very interesting!  Here's the url:    www.marciecooperman.com 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment