by Nina Baldwin

cloud catcher*dream maker*artist

"Art touches the soul...art is communication...it reaches out from the canvas and passes through the eyes of the viewer right into his heart where it can leave an imprint of beauty that can make the spirit sing."
Nina Baldwin ...

Welcome to Artscapes!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Desert Impressions - A Southwest Dreamscapes Journey (a video)

 

I just wanted to share something with you...it’s the first video slide show presentation of my artwork...put to the beautiful music written and performed by a friend, Don Shearer. 

 click on the title of this article to go to the video!
 
You probably know that my artwork leans toward the contemporary a little bit...but usually very soft, ethereal and impressionistic...well, most of the time!!  I love beautiful colors and often incorporate gold leaf into the composition...these are some of my southwest landscapes...plus a few of my amber dreamscapes! 

Don is a songwriter, keyboardist and drummer whose contemporary instrumental music takes me on a magic carpet ride every time I listen to it!  I often play it while I am in my studio painting...this particular piece is from his most recent cd, “Across the Dry Plains”...the song is titled “Sandia Eastern Sunrise”...it has a beautiful, lyrical oriental feel...and I love to hear the birds singing at the opening!! 
 
click on the title of this article to go to the video!

...it’s only a few minutes long, but I hope you’ll enjoy your magic carpet ride!! 

 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Nina, I loved this! Gorgeous artwork -- and music that really suggests the enchantment of it all. Couldn't get the link to work from here but copied it into a Google search, and it worked fine.
    Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert!
    Thank you for your comment!! I consider it a real compliment when accolades come from someone whose spouse is a wonderful artist!!
    I had the hardest time trying to get the link posted yesterday! usually it's easy! thanks for the solution!!
    so great hearing from you! take care!!

    ReplyDelete